Tuesday, April 17, 2018

The Red Coat

In the morning of April 17, 2018 16th Women’s World Chess Champion 谭中怡 (Tán Zhōngyí), wearing makeup and a red coat, held a press conference in her born city introducing the upcoming “莱茵体育杯” (“Lander Sports Cup”) Women’s World Chess Championship match between her herself and 居文君 (Jū Wénjūn), which will take place both in 上海 (Shànghǎi) and 重庆 (Chóngqìng), China from 2 to 20 May 2018. More precisely, 上海 (Shànghǎi) will host the first half (2–9 May), and 重庆 (Chóngqìng) the latter half (11–20 May). The World match will be sponsored, among others, by 杭州 (Hángzhōu)’s company Lander Sports.
“I knew since July of last year that my challenger was 居文君 (Jū Wénjūn). I had a year-long preparation for it”, 谭中怡 (Tán Zhōngyí) smiled shyly. “Yes, I’m confident, but I don’t know who will win. I can only say that I am doing my best. After all, the charm of competitive sports just lies in not knowing who’s gonna win”. Photos: 石涛 (Shí Tāo).

No comments: