Wednesday, May 9, 2018

沪汉蓉快速客运通道 (Shànghǎi–Wǔhàn–Chéngdū high-speed railway)

After four serious meetings with the press, today 居文君 (Jū Wénjūn) (first from right) took over the scene with her consummate humour, involving both her opponent 谭中怡 (Tán Zhōngyí) (centre) and the press attaché 谷笑冰 (Gǔ Xiàobīng) (first from left) in a spontaneous and accidental theatrical improvisation.
(Gǔ Xiàobīng)’s first question is for 居文君 (Jū Wénjūn): “How did you prepare for the opening?”. “Today’s opening was quite unexpected to me, but I had some understanding of that. Not everything can be prepared in advance; some decisions come from a purely experiential perspective”, 居文君 (Jū Wénjūn) replied. Another question for 居文君 (Jū Wénjūn): “The first half of the match ended with two points lead in your favour, and tomorrow the caravan will move out to 重庆 (Chóngqìng). So what is your mood for the second half?“. “Oh, well, I feel like I can win ‘by accident’”, 居文君 (Jū Wénjūn) said, promptly interrupted by her opponent 谭中怡 (Tán Zhōngyí): “Are you speaking seriously?”, she smilingly asked. “I feel a screenplay may be written”. Well, no, okay, it would not be right. It was only a display of Shànghǎiese sense of humour. 居文君 (Jū Wénjūn) laughed and laughed at herself, and then she solemnly said: “No, I didn’t believe I could have achieved such results. There is still a second half of the match to be played. I have to keep fighting”. Now a question for 谭中怡 (Tán Zhōngyí): “How do you evaluate your play so far, and what are your expectations for the second half in your home city?”. “It’s quite normal that in my situation I don’t feel any good. I got into a non-regular rhythm. In a match it may happen. Now a couple of days rest and let’s go for the second time, no matter what. I’m gonna do my best to play till the very end”, she answered. Finally, one last question by a reporter. Why this change in mood from serious to humorous? 居文君 (Jū Wénjūn) answers: “Today, I spoke both seriously and playfully, just because it’s not yet easy to tell about the match. That’s still quite long, and it’s too soon to be happy. On the other hand, for now I feel quite satisfied”. Photo: 樊璐璐 (Fán Lùlù).

“Oh, well, I feel like I can win ‘by accident’”, 居文君 (Jū Wénjūn) said while laughing at herself. Photo: 樊璐璐 (Fán Lùlù).

“Are you speaking seriously?”, 谭中怡 (Tán Zhōngyí) smilingly asked. “I feel a screenplay may be written”. Photo: 樊璐璐 (Fán Lùlù).

No comments: