Thursday, March 12, 2015

Про это (About That)

Evgeny Anatolyevich Surov: Does it ever happen to you that you would sit over the board and think: ”What is this all for? Why I’m playing chess?”
Vladimir Borisovich Kramnik: No, it never happens.
Surov: But I mean now, when you’re already not so young?
Kramnik: No, of course such thoughts never come to my mind. If they start to come, if I start feeling like this every second game, I will just stop playing, but now I play because I like the process. Chess is still interesting to me. Of course, it’s more interesting when you play well – but it’s interesting enough anyway. To me, chess is not a way of making money or supporting my family – I can earn more if I switch to some other area. Of course, it won’t be easy but I think I will be able to, if I really wish that. So I don’t keep playing just for money, I play because I like the game. [Read more].
14th World Chess Champion Vladimir Borisovich Kramnik.

No comments: