Friday, September 2, 2016

Trainaholic

After she was awarded the “上海 (Shànghăi) Magnolia Lifetime Distinguished Achievement Award” for her diving performances along a 18-year career, 吴敏霞 (Wú Mǐnxiá) talked to reporters about her present and future plans. Once again she confirmed her intention to retire. “My teammates gave me the nickname ‘train-aholic’ as I was always the one working the hardest in practice”, 吴敏霞 (Wú Mǐnxiá) said. “Due to age and injuries, I had to spend two hours on physiotherapy after training every day. Diving occupied all my life, and I go for training every time hoping not to collect more injuries”. First of all, she needs to recharge her batteries. “I feel like a sword on a grindstone. I am getting sharper day by day, but also thinner and fragile. But despite all, I am a lucky person”, she said. Photo: 韩琼 (Hán Qióng)/kankanews.com.

吴敏霞 (Wú Mǐnxiá) admitted of being “tired”. “I want to spend more time with my parents, and enrich myself with more knowledge. I am willing to continue making contribution to China’s diving, if given a chance”, she said. It was reported that after graduating from 上海體育學院 (Shànghǎi University of Sport), she will serve as an official to the 上海 (Shànghǎi) Sports Bureau, so maybe a goal is in sight. And then, who knows, sirens cannot live for long outside Atlantis. We’ll turn on the TV for the start of 2020 Summer Olympics! Photo: 韩琼 (Hán Qióng)/kankanews.com.

No comments: