Wednesday, March 29, 2017

ТЮТ (Theatre of Youth Creativity)

During today’s interview with Chess-News.ru Radio, Latvian Grandmaster Evgeny Ellinovich Sveshnikov gave his opinion about the clash in FIDE: “The situation is familiar to me: when you are illegally subject to sanctions, you try to attract the attention to your situation. I don’t think there is any discord between Kirsan Nikolayevich Ilyumzhinov and his close associates. I think it is a scene already played out. I’m not sure one hundred per cent, but I think so. Ilyumzhinov has always selected people on the basis of their loyalty rather than their business ability... And now what? Did they want to get rid of Ilyumzhinov? Obviously no. I think it is a fiction in a dramatic way. But what is implied between the lines is that they wanted to draw the attention on the sanctions issue. They opted for a theatrical form”.

Artwork © Johannahoj

No comments: