Thursday, November 8, 2018

For Love Or Nothing

In the press conference of presentation for the World Chess Championship match, held on Thursday in a London dark studio with spectral artificial lights, 16th World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen and his challenger Fabiano Caruana answered questions on chess for about half a hour — a time long enough to write a love letter to an imaginary woman. After (or before) acting their fictional roles out in the dark movie theatre, both were asked whether they had any “female support” in tow.
“I don’t think so. Women hate me. I repel them”, Carlsen sarcastically replied.
“The most female support I have is from my mother”, Caruana said instead. “That helps me mostly. I also have many friends who are female“.
Magnus Carlsen: “Fabiano is a formidable opponent. His results this year speak for themselves. I know that if I play like I did lately, I might even not win. I must pull myself together, and I have faith in my skills to just do it”. Photo: Dagbladet.

No comments: