Thursday, November 8, 2018

Sculpting in Time

Caruana, an aspiring filmmaker who has studied screenwriting in his spare hours, calls himself a fan of Quentin Tarantino, David Lynch, Guillermo del Toro and David Cronenberg, though he admits the latter is “still a bit too extreme for my tastes”. He grew up on classic rock and spent many tournaments listening to Metallica and Led Zeppelin during his downtime, but has taken a shine to hip-hop in the last few years. “I’ve been listening to a lot of Kendrick Lamar and a lot of Killah Priest”, he says. “But it changes all the time. When I’m bored and I have nothing to do, I’ll just listen to random pop music”. [Read more].

Fabiano Caruana: “It’s not like we go to the game and then after we’re done it’s over and we can relax”. Photo: Joel Saget/AFP/Getty Images.

No comments: