Thursday, April 14, 2016

Fire in the Snow

16th World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen conceded a press conference today in which he gave some impressions of Sergey Alexandrovich Karjakin’s last minute withdrawal from the 4th Altibox Norway Chess. “I think it was a strange thing. I understand his reasons, but he should have thought about it before accepting our invitation”. On the other hand, Magnus showed his usual fair-play attitude when asked about Karjakin’s chess skills: “I was much impressed by his ability to handle difficult situations. Like in the last round, as well as in the penultimate, when he survived Aronian, he impressed me very much. Overall, I didn’t see anything that I didn’t already know about him, but his practical abilities are enormous and his defensive skills are great”.
Magnus Carlsen (L.) with his manager Simen Agdestein. Photo: Tarjei J. Svensen.

No comments: