Monday, July 24, 2017

From Here to Eternity

Serena Vinci, virtuoso dancer of Associazione Culturale “Il Delta della Luna”, sent us a school theme she wrote for her summer program – indeed, her favourite one as it deals with dance. As maybe you know, Serena has developed herself as an élite dancer in spite of her being deaf, which earned her a public award for the ability with which she performed in overcoming deafness through dance on occasion of the 18th International Dance Festival “Vetrina Scuole di Danza AICS”, held at the Teatro Verdi in Florence on Sunday, May 15, 2016. In her school theme she speaks about how, even without hearing any sounds, she learned to feel the waves of music moving through her, as well as the vibrations through her feet all the way to her heart. Well, we’ll provide an English translation for it as soon as we can, but for now we wish to reassure her that if she will one day have a daughter her ballet teacher will want her daughter to become a dancer as well! Photos courtesy of Serena Vinci.

“The day when I will quit dancing I’ll be sad, because I know I’ll miss it so much. I will wish to be young again, as much as when I entered the school for the first time, and I weared a tutu. I will love dance all my life, and, if ever I’ll have a daughter, I hope Alessandra may yet be her dance teacher”.


Serena Vinci dancing in the Associazione Culturale ”Il Delta della Luna”’s show of end year at the Teatro SMS of the People’s House in Grassina on Saturday, June 20, 2015. Photo © Stefano Marmino.

No comments: