Friday, July 21, 2017

Imagination in Flight

Mr. S. of Artsy’s staff send me a mail reminding me that their mission is to make art accessible to everyone in the world, and kindly asked me to pay a visit to the exhibit hall devoted to Sir Anish Kapoor. Well, surely I’ll do it, but, while wandering through infinity, I suddenly stopped at Gilman Contemporary gallery, which is actually displaying an exhibit – “Imagination in Flight” – of Melvin Sokolsky’s fashion images from the 60s, including works from the famed “Bubble” series. That’s really inspiring.

Melvin Sokolsky, “Imagination in Flight”
Gilman Contemporary
661 Sun Valley Road, Ketchum, Idaho, United States
June 23 – July 31 2017

Melvin Sokolsky, Fly High, 1965
Photo: Melvin Sokolsky/Gilman Contemporary

Melvin Sokolsky, With Chair, Paris, 1963
Photo: Melvin Sokolsky/Gilman Contemporary

No comments: