Sunday, July 23, 2017

Chasing that sound


Ennio Morricone: Do you want to play a game?

Alessandro De Rosa: Oh, well, first you have to teach me the moves. [We take a very elegant chess set that stood on the living room table of Morricone’s house]. What would your first move be?

Ennio Morricone: I usually open with the Pawn in front of the Queen, so I probably would do it, although one time a great chess player such as Stefano Tatai advised me to always open with e2-e4, a signature tune which much reminds me of basso continuo.

Alessandro De Rosa, ‎Ennio Morricone, “Inseguendo quel suono”, Milan, Mondadori, 2016, section 5

And so, chasing that sound, you should not miss to take a look at Italian chess review Torre & Cavallo Scacco!, which, in its summer issue No. 7-8, July-August 2017, paints a living portrait of the twelve-time Italian Chess Champion Stefano Tatai!

No comments: