Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Question of Honour

http://ua.korrespondent.net/sport/3555558-10-faktiv-pro-yaki-my-diznalysia-z-intervui-ministra-molodi-ta-sportu
http://ua.korrespondent.net/sport/3555558-10-faktiv-pro-yaki-my-diznalysia-z-intervui-ministra-molodi-ta-sportu
The Minister of Youth and Sports Ihor Oleksandrovych Zhdanov about the Women’s World Chess Championship match with the participation of Ukrainian Mariya Muzychuk

For me it’s also a question of honour. I sincerely want the match take place here, because I know that this will benefit Ukraine.
When we discussed applying for the Women’s World Chess Championship match, the parents of Mariya Muzychuk asked me to assist her. She needed a personal chess coach to study and play with.
I talked with one of the deputies, a non-poor person who is also a fan of our sport. He promised to help me financing her individual preparation.
Now it’s true that chess is a sport – in each tournament you can lose 5–7 kg – but a sports training is not sufficient: a chess training is also needed.

Fifteenth Women’s World Chess Champion Mariya Muzychuk
Photo: reporter-ua.com

No comments: