Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sting Like a Bee

 https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/28/federal-judge-stays-deportations-trump-muslim-executive-order
A federal judge has granted a stay on deportations for people who arrived in the U.S. with valid visas but were detained on entry, following President Donald Trump’s executive order to halt travel from seven Muslim-majority countries.
The stay is only a partial block to the broader executive order, with the judge stopping short of a broader ruling on its constitutionality. Nevertheless, it was an early, significant blow to the new administration. [Read more].

I am America. I am the part you won’t recognize, but get used to me. Black, confident, cocky – my name, not yours. My religion, not yours. My goals, my own. Get used to me.

Muhammad Ali

The Beatles (from left: Ringo Starr, John Lennon, George Harrison, and Paul McCartney) spar up to Muhammad Ali while visiting the heavyweight contender at his training camp in Miami Beach, Florida, United States on February 18, 1964. Photo: AP.

No comments: